LEE A. ARCHER
Attorney at Law
TULANE LAW SCHOOL Juris Doctorate, cum laude
New Orleans, Louisiana Rank: 36/240, Top 15%
- Selected Associate Justice, Tulane Moot Court Board, on the basis of academic achievement
- Selected Best Oralist, Freshman Appellate Argument
- Selected Brief-Writer, Tulane International Appellate Team, out of 80 competitors
- Received award for First Place Brief, Southern Regional Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Received Rutgers Award for Best Brief, National Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington, D.C.
- Elected National Member of The Order of Barristers on the basis of achievement in moot court competitions
RICE UNIVERSITY Bachelor of Arts
Houston, Texas Double Major: Psychology, Art/Art History
- National Merit Scholar
- Rice President's Honor Roll, May 1981
1992-Present SOLO APPELLATE PRACTITIONER
- Practice includes preparing appellate briefs, writ applications, trial memoranda and legal research memoranda for attorneys and law firms on a contract or referral basis.
1990-1992 BARHAM AND ARCENEAUX, New Orleans, LA
- Senior Associate, Appellate Section. Practice included preparing writ applications and briefs at all state and federal levels.
1986-1989 BARHAM AND CHURCHILL, New Orleans, LA
- Associate, Business Litigation and Appellate Sections. Practice focused on securities fraud, civil RICO, and other commercial and appellate litigation.
1985-1986 LOUISIANA SUPREME COURT, New Orleans, LA
- Judicial Clerk for Chief Justice John A. Dixon, Jr. Duties included researching and assisting in preparation of opinions, evaluating applications for writs.
1984 CAMP, CARMOUCHE, BARSH, HUNTER, GRAY,
HOFFMAN AND GILL, New Orleans, LA
- Law Clerk for Business, Litigation, and Admiralty Sections.
1983 BARKER, BOUDREAUX, LAMY, GARDNER & FOLEY,
New Orleans, LA
- Law Clerk for Personal Injury and Labor Law Sections.
1980-1981 BISHOP NOLAND EPISCOPAL DAY SCHOOL,
Lake Charles, LA
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS
- Member: American Bar Association, Louisiana State Bar Association, Southwest Louisiana Bar Association
- Member, 1985 - 1990: Junior League of New Orleans, Inc.
- Advisor and Legal Consultant, 1987-1989: Associated Catholic Charities, Project S.A.V.E
- Member, 1987 - 1989: Advisory Board, Crescent House Shelter for Battered Women
- Speaker, 2007 Southwest Louisiana Bar Association CLE Seminar, "Appellate Law and Brief Writing Basics."
- Panelist and Speaker, 1994 American Bar Association CLE Seminar, "Developing and Keeping a Successful Appellate Practice."
- Moderator, 1988 Associated Catholic Charities Televised Panel Discussion, "Spouse Abuse Victim Awareness."
- Insurers Must Initiate Settlement Negotiations - Even With No Demand Within Limits. Guest Author Lee Archer, Claimant's Appeal Counsel In "Top 10's" Kelly v State Farm, Addresses What She Sees As The "Modern View," Coverage Opinions, January 13, 2016, Vol. 5, Iss. 1.
New! Sample Louisiana and Fifth Circuit Appellate Briefs, Writ Applications and Practice Forms
After numerous requests, Lee now offers for a modest fee sample Fifth Circuit and Louisiana appellate briefs, writ applications, practice forms and checklists, which you may print out and use in your practice. Please click the following link to visit the
Sample Louisiana Appellate Briefs and Writ Applications page. If you purchase a Brief or Writ Application, Lee will also conduct a pre-filing review of your document for rules compliance at a discounted rate.