LEE A. ARCHER
Attorney at Law
Office (337) 474-4712
APPELLATE CONSULTANT & BRIEFING ATTORNEY
Highly persuasive legal writer with extensive practice-area expertise in appeals at all state and federal levels, personal injury, products liability, civil rights, environmental and business litigation. Assist top Louisiana attorneys in high-stakes cases by providing appellate consulting, appellate briefs, trial motions and legal research memoranda. Proven success achieving favorable rulings on appeal, increasing damages, winning summary judgments and obtaining remands from Federal Court. 95% success rate for the past 5 years.
- Appellate Consulting
- Appellate Briefs and Writ Applications
- Legal Research, Writing and Editing
- Personal Injury Law and Litigation
- Products Liability Law and Litigation
- Environmental and Business Litigation
- Trial Motions and Memoranda
- Summary Judgments
- Motions to Remand
LAW OFFICE OF LEE ANN ARCHER, APLC
President, 1992 to Present
Practice includes appellate consulting, preparing appellate briefs, writ applications, trial motions and research memoranda in high-stakes cases for top Louisiana attorneys state-wide.
Selected Achievements & Cases:
- Invited to speak on "Persuasive Legal Writing" at 2018 Loyola Law School Annual Family Law Seminar in New Orleans, LA.
- Authored the winning briefs in in the landmark case Kelly v. State Farm Fire & Cas. Co., 169 So. 3d 328 (La. 2015) in the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and on Certified Question to the Louisiana Supreme Court. Kelly, listed in Coverage Opinions as one of the nation's top 10 significant insurance coverage decisions of 2016, held that Louisiana insurers owe to their insureds a good faith duty to initiate settlement negotiations.
- Authored the winning briefs and obtained reversal of a judgment against a Louisiana sugarcane farmer in Gardiner Farms, LLC v. Advanced Agriculture, Inc., 2017-423 (La. App. 3 Cir. 12/13/17), 2017 WL 6350579, and was called "Heroine of the Sugarcane Farmers."
- Provided appellate consulting and brief-writing services to benefit the disabled plaintiff in Covington v. McNeese State Univ., 2008-505 (La. App. 3 Cir. 11/5/08), 996 So.2d 667, writ denied, 2009-0069 (La. 3/6/09), 3 So.3d 491, a case resulting in correction of an estimated 15,000 ADA violations on a Louisiana university campus.
- Assisted top Louisiana attorneys state-wide with high-stakes federal and state appeals and motions, including summary judgments and motions to remand, winning 95% of appeals and motions for the past five years.
Appellate Attorney with the Law Firms of Louisiana Supreme Court Justice Mack A. Barham and Robert E. Arceneaux - BARHAM & ARCENEAUX, BARHAM & CHURCHILL - New Orleans, LA.
Law Clerk for Chief Justice John A. Dixon, Jr., - LOUISIANA SUPREME COURT.
TULANE LAW SCHOOL Juris Doctorate, cum laude
New Orleans, Louisiana
- Selected Associate Justice, Tulane Moot Court Board, on the basis of academic achievement
- Selected Best Oralist, Freshman Appellate Argument
- Selected Brief-Writer, Tulane International Appellate Team, out of 80 competitors
- Received award for First Place Brief, Southern Regional Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Received Rutgers Award for Best Brief, National Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition, Washington, D.C.
- Elected National Member of The Order of Barristers on the basis of achievement in moot court competitions
RICE UNIVERSITY Bachelor of Arts
Houston, Texas Double Major: Psychology, Art/Art History
- National Merit Scholar
- Rice President's Honor Roll
PROFESSIONAL AND CIVIC ORGANIZATIONS
- Member: American Bar Association; Louisiana State Bar Association; Louisiana Association for Justice; Southwest Louisiana Bar Association; Lafayette Bar Association.
- Advisor, 1995 - Present, Heckhaven Wildlife Rehabilitation Center; Member, 1987 - 1989, Advisory Board, Crescent House Shelter for Battered Women; Advisor and Legal Consultant, 1987-1989, Associated Catholic Charities, Project S.A.V.E; Member, 1985 - 1990, Junior League of New Orleans, Inc.
SEMINARS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Speaker, Loyola Law School 2018 Annual Family Law Seminar, New Orleans,
LA: "Persuasive Legal Writing."
- Speaker, 2007 Southwest Louisiana Bar Association CLE Seminar, "Appellate Law and Brief Writing Basics."
- Panelist and Speaker, 1994 American Bar Association CLE Seminar, "Developing and Keeping a Successful Appellate Practice."
- Moderator, 1988 Associated Catholic Charities Televised Panel Discussion, "Spouse Abuse Victim Awareness."
- Lee A. Archer, Insurers Must Initiate Settlement Negotiations - Even With No Demand Within Limits. Guest Author Lee Archer, Claimant's Appeal Counsel In "Top 10's" Kelly v State Farm, Addresses What She Sees As The "Modern View," Coverage Opinions, January 13, 2016, Vol. 5, Iss. 1.
- Lee A. Archer, Kelly v State Farm, Insurers Must Initiate Settlement Negotiations, Louisiana Advocates (May 2016)
- Lee A. Archer, Meet Judge Savoie, The Sidebar (December 2001)
New! Sample Louisiana and Fifth Circuit Appellate Briefs, Writ Applications and Practice Forms
After numerous requests, Lee now offers sample federal Fifth Circuit and Louisiana appellate briefs, writ applications, practice forms and checklists, which you may print out and use in your practice. Please click the following link to visit the
Sample Louisiana Appellate Briefs and Writ Applications page. If you purchase a Brief or Writ Application, Lee will also conduct a pre-filing review of your document for rules compliance at a discounted rate.